VSFS:B_CjMK Czech Language in Marketing Co - Course Information
B_CjMK Czech Language in Marketing CommunicationUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Mgr. Oldřich Johannes Petr (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Mgr. Oldřich Johannes Petr
Department of Languages - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Ivana Plačková
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- B_CjMK/cMMO: Mon 14:00–14:44 M23, Mon 14:45–15:30 M23, O. Petr
B_CjMK/cMPH: each odd Wednesday 12:15–12:59 E307, each odd Wednesday 13:00–13:45 E307, each odd Wednesday 14:00–14:44 E307, each odd Wednesday 14:45–15:30 E307, O. Petr
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is to improve language standard, level of spoken and written discourse, boost the ability to recognise several language varieties, and assess the appropriateness of their use according to real context. The course aims to teach students to master creating and constructing several types of texts. It focuses on avoiding common mistakes in discourse and elimination of orthographic mistakes in written discourse.
- Learning outcomes
- After successful completion of the course, students will be able to have a good overview in the Czech language, to distinguish between formal and informal texts, to identify types of communication, to understand the texts of advertisements, they will be able to analyze, modify and edit it. At the same time they will be able to create their own marketing and advertising messages. They will also be able to recognize the basic functional styles and will learn to write short texts according to the teacher's instructions. They will get acquainted with specific examples of advertisements. An integral part of this course is also the projection of the Czech language into the field of marketing.
- This sylabus is designed for the full-time study programme. The blended study programme is reflected in the respective methodological sheets (Czech abbr. ML). Seminars' content: 1. – 2. Language standard, correctness and standard, principles of a good presentation 3. – 4. Czech as a national language and its dialects and varieties 5. – 6. Text linguistics, common lexical and syntactic mistakes. 7. – 8. Texture 9. – 10. Contemporary Czech language and its range of styles 11. – 12. Text types and functions in Czech 13. – 14. Printed media and communication in advertising 15. – 16. Means of expression in marketing communication 17. – 18. Language of advertising and advertising messages 19. – 20. Composition of journalistic texts. 21. – 22. Stylistic exercises, text analysis 23. – 24. Students´ presentations
- required literature
- Minářová, Eva: Stylistika pro žurnalisty. Praha, Grada 2011. ISBN 978-80-247-2979-4
- ČMEJRKOVÁ, Světla: Reklama v češtině - čeština v reklamě. Praha, Leda 2008. ISBN 80-85927-75-6
- recommended literature
- Straková, H., Kalandra, F.: Jak psát bez chyb. Brno 2011. ISBN 978-80-7204-733-8
- Cvrček, V.: Mluvnice současné češtiny. Praha, Karolinum 2010. ISBN 978-80-246-1743-5
- Kraus, J.: Člověk mluvící. LEDA 2011. ISBN 978-80-7335-258-5
- Králík, J. a kolektiv: Každý den s češtinou. Zajímavosti a zvláštnosti. NLN, Praha 2009. ISBN 978-80-7106-884-6
- Pravidla českého pravopisu – studentské vydání. Praha, Academia 2010. ISBN 978-80-200-1327-9
- Svobodová, J., Svobodová, D., Gejgušová, I.: Zdroje a cíle jazykové popularizace. Pedagogická fakulta Ostrava 2010. ISBN 978-80-7368-916-2
- Dočekalová, M.: Tvůrčí psaní pro každého. Grada, Praha 2006. ISBN 80-247-1602-X
- Teaching methods
- seminars in full-time study; tutorials in part-time study; compulsory seminar participation is 75% in full-time study, compulsory tutorial participation is 50% in part-time study.
- Assessment methods
- Assessment methods and criteria 2. Presentation on chosen marketing topic. In full-time study the presentations will take place in lessons and in part-time study an extra date will be set. 3. Completing 4 written assignments – recommended coverage 2 A4 pages (stylistic, grammar, lexical exercises etc.) Examination requirements: An oral examination on topics based on obligatory reading and the course content. The final mark includes assessment of the written assignments and the presentation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin KS/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (Summer 2023, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/summer2023/B_CjMK