VSFS:B_Prg Programming - Course Information
B_Prg ProgrammingUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jan Lánský, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Science and Mathematics - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Ivana Plačková
- B_UPg Introduction to Programming
The requirement for the completion of this course is completion of the course B_UPg.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- This is a continuation of basic programming course for first year students of Applied Informatics.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
- solve bigger algorithmic problems
- use selected standard algorithms, such as sorting and searching, basic graph algorithms, dynamic data structures
- use all common constructs of programming languages, including recursion and dynamic variables
- develop and debug computer programs in an integrated devolopmental environment.
- 1. Dynamic memory allocation, singly linked list 2. Implementation of stack and queue using lists, doubly linked list, cyclic list 3. Trees, Binary Search Tree, Balanced Tree, AVL Tree 4. Binary tree as a dictionary, tree passage in depth and width, evaluation of arithmetic expression 5. MergeSort and QuickSort 6. Heapsort and external classification 7. B-trees and trie 8. Hashing, Blockchain (Bitcoin technology) 9. Graphs, graph continuity, existence of a circle 10. Skeleton of graph, bipartite graph 11. Finding the shortest path in the graph, wave, Dijkstra 12. Graphical user interface
- required literature
- Wróblewski, P.: Algoritmy, Brno: Computer Press, 2015. ISBN:978-80-251-4126-7
- P.Töpfer: Algoritmy a programovací techniky, Prometheus Praha 1995, 2. vyd. 2007
- recommended literature
- P.Töpfer, D.Töpferová: Programování - Sbírka úloh, Fortuna 1998
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and seminars in full-time study, tutorials in part-time study. Minimal required participation is 75% on seminars in full-time study and 50% on tutorials in part-time study. Students with lower than required participation have to fulfill additional study duties.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed with a credit and exam. The condition for granting the credit is the elaboration of the tasks assigned to the exercises. The exam consist of a written part, where students should write a program, procedure or function, and a verbal part. Knowledge of programming language, algorithms and programming techniques according to the lecture is required.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: povinná seminární práce v rozsahu 5 - 8 stran
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 16 hodin KS/semestr.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/summer2024/B_Prg