VSFS:N_IB International Business - Informace o předmětu
N_IB International BusinessVysoká škola finanční a správní
- 0/2/0. 12 hodin KS/semestr. 3 kr. Ukončení: z.
- Ing. Miroslav Pavlák, Ph.D.
Katedra ekonomie a managementu (FES) - Katedry - Vysoká škola finanční a správní
Kontaktní osoba: Bc. Kamila Procházková
- Pre-requisites: Mastering the basics of business management, marketing management and the business relations. The course is conducted entirely in English.
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je otevřen studentům libovolného oboru.
- Cíle předmětu
- The aim of the subject is to contribute to the orientation of students in the international market issues including the causes and manifestations of globalization and the impact of events of global importance in decision-making in the area of international trade, as well as a good understanding of the linkages and relationships relating to the successful functioning of the international markets. In addition to foreign language terminology acquiring the aim is also to help with techniques of understanding to lectures in a foreign language and students’ own interpretation of the read or otherwise prepared professional topic.
- Výstupy z učení
- Students who successfully complete this course will: 1. be able to explain and articulate the context of international markets, including the causes and manifestations of globalization 2. be ready to interactively discuss the impact of international trading blocks on the internal and external business relationships 3. master the techniques of understanding the topic in a foreign language and will be able of own interpretation of the written specialised text 4. be able to describe the emerging markets and their impact on the economies and the companies themselves in the EU and the Czech Republic 5. know the basic business barriers, the principle of their functioning, their causes and consequences 6. be able to actively present and work on problems of international human resource management, international teams and expatriation 7. be able to apply specialised terminology in the area of international business, and use it in the expert discussion or business correspondence
- 1. Introduction in international business 2. Global business environment 3. Integration and regional trading blocks 4. Emerging markets 5. Internationalization – multinationalization– globalization 6. Foreign expansion 7. International market analysis and data collection 8. Culture and its role in international business 9. Topical international business challenges 10.The 2012-2020 export strategy of the Czech Republic 11.The international dimension of monetary policy 12.International business summary and prezentation of team semestral projects
- povinná literatura
- PAVLÁK, Miroslav. International business: how to succeed in international markets : revised and updated. Revised and updated edition. Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní, 2020. 164 s. EDUCOpress. ISBN 978-80-7408-209-2.
- FATEHI, Kamal and Jeongho CHOI. International business management: succeeding in a culturally diverse world. 2nd Edition. Charm: Springer Nature Switzerland. 2019. Springer Texts in Business and Economics. ISBN 978-3-319-96621-2.
- PROCHÁZKA, David, ed. The impact of globalization on international finance and accounting: 18th Annual Conference on Finance and Accounting (ACFA). Cham, Switzerland: Springer, . Springer proceedings in business and economics. ISBN 978-3-319-68761-
- SATO, Alexej, Jaroslav HALÍK a Vít HINČICA. International business operations. Prague: Oeconomica, nakladatelství VŠE, 2017. ISBN 978-80-245-2205-0.
- HILL, Charles W. L. International Business: Competing in the Global Marketplace. McGraw-Hill Education; 13th edition, 2020, 720 p., ISBN 978-1260262582.
- doporučená literatura
- PENG, Mike W. Global Business. South-Western College Pub; 4 edition, 2016. 623p. ISBN 130550089X.
- STEENKAMP, Jan Benedict. Global brand strategy: world-wise marketing in the age of branding. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017. 396 s. 978-1-349-94994-6 (eBook).
- WILD, John J. and Kenneth L. WILD. International Business: The Challenges of Globalization (What's New in Management) Pearson. 9th edition, 2021, 448 p. ISBN 978-0134729220.
- Výukové metody
- Classes in the full-time study form will be held on the basis of interactive sessions, in which the theory will be supplemented by practical examples, analyzing and interpreting scientific articles from foreign periodicals, as well as an emphasis on the presentation of results of business cases. Students will not only learn a foreign language and technical terminology, but also demonstrate the ability of its use. The lessons will have a lecturing part (theory, new knowledge including practical examples) and a practical part. That will be focused either on reading economical/business articles and their brief interpretation to ensure understanding the expert text, it’s interpretation and possibly to defend the standpoint, or part of the lessons may be also designed as a preparation of the team presentation project, and then on presentation of teams.
Teaching in part-time study form will be held as guided consultations, where the previous reading is expected. A truncated presentation of the topic will be followed by the interactive discussion and consultation of the studied topics. In both full and part-time study forms each topic will be mostly presented (in detailed or condensed form – according to the type of study) in PPT presentations, followed by an interactive discussion.
Teaching in the distance form of study will be realized in the form of tutorials, continuous consultation and control of the fulfillment of ongoing tasks, tests.
- Metody hodnocení
- The course NA_IB is finished by CREDIT.
Full-time study – criteria for the course completion: 1. Active participation in lectures (75%) and active individual involvement at the lessons 2. Successful presentation of the semester specialized project. 3. The written test consists of 5 questions (a combination of closed and open questions). To pass the test student must achieve at least 75% correct answers.
Part-time study – criteria for the course completion: 1. Active participation in lectures (75%) and active individual involvement at the lessons 2. Successful presentation of the semester specialized project. 3. The written test consists of 5 questions (a combination of closed and open questions). To pass the test student must achieve at least 75% correct answers.
Completion conditions for ISP students are following: 1. To defend a seminar work. 2. The written test consists of 5 questions (a combination of closed and open questions). To pass the test student must achieve at least 75% correct answers.
Distance learning: The conditions for completing the course are as follows: Credit is tied to participation in tutorials (but not only attendance, but active participation in tutorial, discussion, interaction, argumentation), defending the seminar work and writing the test of 5 questions (a combination of closed and open questions). To pass the test student must achieve at least 75% correct answers.
Students of all forms of teaching (full-time, part-time, distance): late attendance during classes will not be accepted, and if classes are conducted through Microsoft Teams, it is expected that the camera and microphone will be turned on when prompted by a tutor.
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Informace učitele
- PLEASE NOTE: Some topics may be supplemented by the guest lectures (speakers are usually prominent experts from industry or diplomatic services).
- Další komentáře
- Předmět je dovoleno ukončit i mimo zkouškové období.
- Statistika zápisu (nejnovější)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/predmet/vsfs/zima2021/N_IB