VSFS:B_Uc_1 Accounting 1 - Course Information
B_Uc_1 Accounting 1University of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Jana Kotěšovcová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Andrea Tomášková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Jana Kotěšovcová, Ph.D.
Department of Finance - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Dita Egertová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- B_Uc_1/cEKKV: each even Tuesday 14:00–14:44 KV202, each even Tuesday 14:45–15:30 KV202, each even Tuesday 15:45–16:29 KV202, each even Tuesday 16:30–17:15 KV202, J. Kotěšovcová
B_Uc_1/cEKPH: each even Monday 14:00–14:44 E228, each even Monday 14:45–15:30 E228, each even Monday 15:45–16:29 E228, each even Monday 16:30–17:15 E228, A. Tomášková
B_Uc_1/cFPH: each even Tuesday 14:00–14:44 E309, each even Tuesday 14:45–15:30 E309, each even Tuesday 15:45–16:29 E309, each even Tuesday 16:30–17:15 E309, A. Tomášková
B_Uc_1/poEKKV: each odd Tuesday 14:00–14:44 KV205, each odd Tuesday 14:45–15:30 KV205, each odd Tuesday 15:45–16:29 KV205, each odd Tuesday 16:30–17:15 KV205, A. Tomášková
B_Uc_1/pxEKFPH: each odd Tuesday 14:00–14:44 E230, each odd Tuesday 14:45–15:30 E230, each odd Tuesday 15:45–16:29 E230, each odd Tuesday 16:30–17:15 E230, A. Tomášková
B_Uc_1/vEKPH: Fri 29. 9. 14:00–15:30 E225, 15:45–17:15 E225, Fri 3. 11. 14:00–15:30 E225, 15:45–17:15 E225, Fri 8. 12. 14:00–15:30 E225, 15:45–17:15 E225, J. Kotěšovcová
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course the students will know and be able to explain the method of double entry accounting and its elements (balance principle, general accounting principles, account, double entry method, documents, accounting books, inventory, control of accounting records) and a base and structure of the financial statement as a picture of the firms financial position and efficiency for the other related subjects. They will be able to keep accounting records of normal economic operations including the operations at the end of the accounting period.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the students - will know and be able to explain the place and function of the accounting as the main source of economic information - will know and be able to explain the essence of double-entry bookkeeping and its elements (balance principle, general accounting principles, account, double entry method, inventory, periodicity of accounting records) - will know double entry method of economic processes evidence and be able to decide on the double entry record in the elementary situation - will know the structure and information power of the financial statements - will know and be able to perform the tasks at the end of the accounting period.
- 1. Information and accounting, accounting functions, users of accounting data, subject of accounting. Main accounting statements
- 2. Accounting policies and their functions. Balance sheet and its function. Balance principle. Balance sheet individual elements and changes in them.
- 3. Account and its function, description, content of entries in accounts.
- 4. Assets a liabilities accounts ebtries. Method of double entries.
- 5. Costs and revenues and its recognition. Income accounts and related entries.
- 6. Profit and loss account and its function, financial result and its forms. Types of accounts. General and analytical accounts. Off-balance-sheet accounts. Documents and their importance in book-keeping.
- 7. Book-keeping inspection. Stock-reporting, its purpose and content. Accounting reports and books of accounts. Accounting regulation in the Czech Republic, and according to EU legislation.
- 8. Typical operations in keeping accounts of the stocks of material.
- 9. Typical operations in keeping accounts of non-current tangible assets.
- 10. Typical operations in keeping accounts of receivables and payables, costs and revenues.
- 11. Comprehensive recording of the turnover of funds in accounts and their representation in books of accounts. Financial statements.
- 12. Comprehensive recording of the turnover of funds in accounts and their representation in books of accounts. Tax payables
- required literature
- NOVOTNÝ Pavel. Účetnictví pro úplné začátečníky 2023. Grada, 2023. ISBN 978-80-271-3979-8
- Kubíčková, Dana. Základy účetnictví. 3. aktualizované vydání. Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní, 2016. 161 s. Edice EUPRESS.(3. akt. vydání). ISBN 978-80-7408-138-5.
- DVOŘÁKOVÁ Dana, Základy účetnictví, 2021, 3. aktualizované vydání. Praha:Wolters Kluwer
- recommended literature
- KUBÍČKOVÁ D., Sbírka příkladů z finančního účetnictví. 2. aktualizované vydání. Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní, 2017. 170 s. ISBN 978-80-7408-154-5.
- ŠTEKER Karel a OTRUSINOVÁ Milana, Jak číst účetní výkazy, 2021, Grada Publishing
- Teaching methods
- Teaching methods: - full-time study : lectures of theory and seminars of theory application. - part-time study : e-learning form of education (DSO)
- Assessment methods
- Assessment methods : interim tests, credit test
Close of the course: credit, exam
conditions for obtaining credit:
- full time study - 75% active participation on seminars, successful completion of interim tests (and other teachers tasks) and a credit test
- part time study - 50% actuve participation on seminars, successful completion of a credit test.
Students who fail to meet mandatory scope of participation and ongoing responsibilities will be assigned additional duties study the extent to which study results demonstrate acquired competencies necessary for successful completion of the course.
includes the writen and oral part.
Writen part is a test, included three section:
- 5-7 tasks tested the knowledge of financial statements, the ability to use account and keep the the records of selected opearation in the accounting book during the accounting period,
- 8-10 test questions on the principles, methods and regulations of accountancy - 1 - 2 problem cases in order to verify the ability of decision making in selected situation. For successful completion of the course is necessary 60% of points.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin KS/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/winter2023/B_Uc_1