VSFS:N_LS Logistic Systems - Course Information
N_LS Logistic SystemsUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Mgr. Jaromír Tichý, Ph.D., MBA (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Mgr. Jaromír Tichý, Ph.D., MBA
Department of Economics and Management - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Dita Egertová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- N_LS/vEKPH: Fri 6. 10. 14:00–15:30 S24, 15:45–17:15 S24, Fri 1. 12. 14:00–15:30 S24, 15:45–17:15 S24, Fri 15. 12. 14:00–15:30 S01, 15:45–17:15 S01, J. Tichý
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The XXI. century is obviously connected with a dramatic technological changes, specificaly with appearance of so called Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0). The recent development in the informational technologies facilitates further developement of logistic processes and significant acceleration of the logistic operations. The prime aim of the subject is to provide the knowledge of the modern logistics systems and the ways of logistics implementation into the overall corporate strategy, specifically evaluating the logistics as a factor directly influencing the competitiveness and efficiency of the business entity. Methodically, the subject is focused on the problematics of the integrated logistics chains and the specifics of the transport logistics, both most frequent issues in the corporate management practise.
- Learning outcomes
- In course of study, the students shall obtain and further master a basic theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of logistics, its objectives and position within the economics. Also, they shall learn the role of logistics in mastering a business and enterprise management and its influence on products´ competitiveness. Students shall get acquainted with contemporary logistical technologies that help to identify and solve possible coherent risks and weak points in supply chain management. Applicability of the acquired knowledge and abilities to the professional life shall be amplified through real-life application studies and tutored exercises
- 1. Introduction into logistics, basic terms explanation. Development, application and subjects of logistics. Scientific attitude toward logistics. 2. Mission and strategy of corporate logistics system, logistic processes and transport logistics, activities related to the tangible and inangible operations. 3. Warehousing and logistic informational systems. 4. Logistics technologies, its selection and application. 5. Logistics in international business, delivery terms, problematice of Incoterms, risk management. 6. Transnational and global logistics, types of transportation, transport infrastructure. 7. Integrated logistic chains – Supply Chain Management. 8. Combined and multimodal transport, problematic of the basic transport documents. 9. Providers of the logistic services, strategy of outsourcing and insourcing, partnering and strategic alliances. 10. Legal framework of the transport logistics – CMR, ADR conventions. 11. Logistics systems of the production proces and its role in innovation and new product development. 12. Implication of the Industry 4.0 trends in logistics.
- required literature
- TICHÝ, Jaromír. Logistické systémy. Praha: VŠFS, 2021. Edice EDUCOpress. 1. vydání. 128 s. ISBN 978-80-7408-225-2.
- recommended literature
- OUDOVÁ, Alena. Logistika – základy logistiky. Vyd.2., Praha: Computer Media. 2016, str. 104, ISBN 978-80-7402
- JUROVÁ, Marie a kol. Výrobní a logistické procesy v podnikání. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing, a.s. 2016. 264 s. ISBN 9788024757179
- LUKOSZOVÁ, Xenie a Ondrej STOPKA. Logistická centra na globálním trhu. Jesenice: Ekopress, 2019. ISBN 978-80-87865-51-4.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and seminars in full-time study; tutorials in part-time study; compulsory seminar participation is 75 % in full-time study, compulsory tutorial participation is 50 % in part-time study. If contact teaching and consultation in the personal presence of the student in full-time and combined form of study will be impossible, teaching is replaced by distance form of study and self-study.
- Assessment methods
- The course ends with credit in the form of an individual written test (20 questions). A minimum of 60% pass rate on this test. For successful completion of the subject by ISP students, a semester thesis of the required quality (approx. 10 pages of text) is required. Semester work will be required as compensation for non-attendance. The course is completed with a credit. The condition for credit is the submission of a term paper of the required quality (approx. 10 pages of text) and the completion of an individual written test (20 questions). A minimum of 60% pass rate on this test. The same conditions apply to ISP students. Semester work of the required quality (approx. 10 pages of text) will be required as compensation for non-attendance.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin KS/semestr.
- Teacher's information
- Pre-requisites: basic knowledge of economic theory; - basic knowledge of management theory; - knowledge of regularities customer relationship management;-ability to work independently and individual training.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/winter2023/N_LS