VSFS:N_DTR Proof in criminal proceedings - Course Information
N_DTR Proof in criminal proceedingsUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. JUDr. Eduard Bruna, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. JUDr. Markéta Brunová, PhD., LL.M. (seminar tutor)
doc. JUDr. Jan Chmelík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Eduard Bruna, Ph.D.
Department of Law - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Tereza Švestáková
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- N_DTR/cKPH: each even Wednesday 10:30–11:14 S35, each even Wednesday 11:15–12:00 S35, M. Brunová
N_DTR/pKPH: each odd Thursday 15:45–16:29 S33, each odd Thursday 16:30–17:15 S33, each odd Thursday 17:30–18:14 S33, each odd Thursday 18:15–19:00 S33, E. Bruna
N_DTR/vBSKPH: Sat 23. 9. 9:45–11:15 E227, 11:30–13:00 E227, Fri 20. 10. 17:30–19:00 S35, 19:15–20:45 S35, Sat 11. 11. 9:45–11:15 E227, 11:30–13:00 E227, Fri 1. 12. 17:30–19:00 S35, 19:15–20:45 S35, E. Bruna
N_DTR/vBSKV: Sat 30. 9. 9:45–11:15 KV310, 11:30–13:00 KV310, Sat 14. 10. 14:00–15:30 KV310, Sat 4. 11. 14:00–15:30 KV310, Sat 25. 11. 14:00–15:30 KV310, Sat 9. 12. 14:00–15:30 KV310, Sat 16. 12. 9:45–11:15 KV310, 11:30–13:00 KV310, J. Chmelík
- Completing the subject Criminal Law 1 and 2.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to enable students to master the basics of evidence in criminal proceedings, as they are regulated in the Criminal Procedure Code. At the same time, the point is to preserve the meaning and fundamental importance of the taking of evidence in order to ensure a fair result in every criminal case under discussion. This is because only on the basis of it and according to the achieved results of evidence, also in accordance with the valid legal regulation of criminal procedural law, it is possible to achieve such a result. One of the two most important and fundamental activities of the OČTŘ in fulfilling the purpose of the Criminal Procedure Code, in addition to decision-making, is therefore evidence. In the sense of the provisions of § 1 of Act 141/1961 Coll. as amended, in addition to OČTŘ, the parties to TŘ also participate in this process and at the same time cooperate with them, in ascertaining the factual state of affairs of which there are no reasonable doubts, in the spirit and in accordance with the provisions of § 2 odts.5 TŘ. The purpose of the whole procedural procedure is also to ensure the right to a fair trial, which is at the same time one of its most important purposes. Teaching will focus mainly on mastering the basic concepts and principles of evidence, in connection with the use of basic principles of criminal procedure. For the result of the evidence always decides on the result of the criminal process, the correctness, fairness and persuasiveness of the decision and thus, of course, on its educational effect. The overall focus of this course is also aimed at this.
- Learning outcomes
- Successful passing of the exam from the subject.
- 1. General interpretation - reflection of basic principles of criminal procedure in evidence. 2. Basic concepts and basic principles of evidence. 3. Constitutionally guaranteed rights and freedoms in criminal proceedings in relation to the taking of evidence. 4. Subject and scope of evidence. 5. Means of evidence and evidence. 6. Breakdown of evidence. 7. The course of proving. 8. Basic scheme of individual means of evidence. 9. Testimony of the accused and the accused. Testimony of a witness. 10. Confrontation, recognition, investigation experiment, reconstruction, on-site inspection. 11. Expert opinion and expert opinion. 12. Searching for a person and a thing, documentary evidence, operational search means. The relation of the results of evidence to decision-making and their influence on the course and results of criminal proceedings.
- required literature
- Trestní předpisy ÚZ, SAGIT , nejnovější vydání
- CHMELÍK, Jan a Eduard BRUNA. Dokazování v trestním řízení. Trestněprávní a kriminalistické aspekty. 1. vyd. Praha: Eupress VŠFS, 2018. 228 s. ISBN 978-80-7408-175-0.
- CHMELÍK, J. a kol. Trestní řízení, Praha: A. Čeněk, 2014
- JELÍNEK, J. a kol. Trestní právo procesní. Praha: Leges, 2018. ISBN 978-80-7502-278-3
- BRUNOVÁ, Markéta. Dokazování trestné činnosti s využitím kriminalistických stop a identifikace (Demonstration of crime using forensic traces and identification). 1st ed. Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní a.s., 2019. 127 pp. ISBN 978-80-7408-196-5. info
- CHMELÍK, Jan and Eduard BRUNA. Dokazování v trestním řízení. Trestněprávní a kriminalistické aspekty (Proof in criminal proceedings. Criminal and Criminalistic Aspects). 1st ed. Praha: Eupress VŠFS, 2018. 228 pp. ISBN 978-80-7408-175-0. info
- recommended literature
- BRUNA, Eduard. Trestní řád: § 302 až § 471. In Jiří Jelínek. Trestní zákoník a trestní řád s poznámkami a judikaturou. 7. vyd. Praha: Leges, 2017. s. 1127- 1230, 104 s. ISBN 978-80-7502-230-1.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and exercises in full-time form, controlled group consultations in combined form; Minimum compulsory attendance at seminars / full-time attendance is 75%, in managed group consultations in combined form of study 50%.
- Assessment methods
- The course is finished by credit and oral exam. Criteria for the credit is to prepare a seminar paper on a given topic (minimum 50% points) and pass a written test which consists of 30 questions (minimum 50% points). The criterion for passing the oral test is a successful answer to 1 of 15 test questions.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 16 hodin KS/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/winter2023/N_DTR