VSFS:B_Aud Auditing - Course Information
B_Aud AuditingUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Hana Březinová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Ing. Václav Kupec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Hana Březinová, CSc.
Department of Economics and Management - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Dita Egertová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- B_Aud/cEKFPH: each even Tuesday 14:00–14:44 E230, each even Tuesday 14:45–15:30 E230, H. Březinová
B_Aud/cEKPPKV: Thu 12. 10. 14:00–14:44 KV204, 14:45–15:30 KV204, 15:45–16:29 KV204, 16:30–17:15 KV204, Thu 9. 11. 14:00–14:44 KV204, 14:45–15:30 KV204, 15:45–16:29 KV204, 16:30–17:15 KV204, Thu 7. 12. 14:00–14:44 KV204, 14:45–15:30 KV204, 15:45–16:29 KV204, 16:30–17:15 KV204, H. Březinová
B_Aud/poEKPPKV: each even Tuesday 10:30–11:14 KV206, each even Tuesday 11:15–12:00 KV206, each even Tuesday 12:15–12:59 KV206, each even Tuesday 13:00–13:45 KV206, H. Březinová
B_Aud/pxEKFPH: each even Tuesday 10:30–11:14 E230, each even Tuesday 11:15–12:00 E230, each even Tuesday 12:15–12:59 E230, each even Tuesday 13:00–13:45 E230, H. Březinová
B_Aud/vEKFPPPH: Sat 23. 9. 14:00–15:30 E306, 15:45–17:15 E306, Sat 21. 10. 14:00–15:30 E306, 15:45–17:15 E306, Sat 11. 11. 9:45–11:15 E228, 11:30–13:00 E228, Sat 16. 12. 9:45–11:15 E305, 11:30–13:00 E305, V. Kupec
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Most of the business processes accompany a variety of threats. To eliminate these threats we can use modern audit as a tool for exposing the risks and recommending remedial action. The course objective is therefore to introduce the problems of audit activity during the fourth industrial revolution to students. Audit is no longer focused on a "hard" control approach, but it turned into a "soft" consulting service of today´s business. The course provides a comprehensive overview of the audit theories from describing the historical development of the profession through an explanation of the audit classification in the context of external and internal concepts to the interpretation of the current methods in the processing of audit engagement. The subject emphasises the quality of audit conducting, documentation completing, result presentation, and leading a professional communication on audit results. At the end of the course the full-time and part-time students will be able to handle risk analysis, to prepare a planning process of audits, or apply selected external and internal auditors´ approach, including the use of modern techniques. The students will also understand the primary requirements for auditing profession performance regulated by the Auditing Standards and the law of Czech Republic.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the full-time and part-time students will be able to handle risk analysis, to prepare a planning process of audits, or apply selected external and internal auditors´ approach, including the use of modern techniques. The students will also understand the primary requirements for auditing profession performance regulated by the Auditing Standards and the law of Czech Republic.
- Plan of subject
- • 1. Risk Management (Business Management, Risk Management, Risk Theory, Economical Context)
- • 2. Control (Control Environment, Internal Control, External Control, Control vs. Audit)
- • 3. Audit (Audit History, Czech Development of the Profession, Kinds of Audits, Legislation Overview)
- • 4. External Audit (Audit Theory, Audit Objectives, International Standards of Auditing (ISA), KACR)
- • 5. Internal Audit (Audit Theory, Audit Objectives, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (IPPF), CIIA)
- • 6. Auditor (Audit Services Modern Concept, Personality, Training, Certification)
- • 7. Audit Planning Process (Risk Assessment, Law Requirements, Voice of Clients, Audit Plan)
- • 8. Audit Execution Process (Planning, Fieldwork, Reporting, Consideration)
- • 9. Audit of financial instruments (Definition, purpose, risks, types of risk, proposal for controls)
- • 10.Audit report (IA) definition of audit, risks, audit findings, IA recommendations
- • 11. External auditor's report — types of opinions
- • 12.Auditor's file, theory of communication, audit communication, meetings, dress code)
- required literature
- KUPEC, Václav. Audit. 2. vyd. Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní, 2021. 98 s. Edice EDUCOpress. ISBN 978-80-7408-227-6.
- KUPEC, Václav. Audit Essentials. Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní, 2021. 112 s. EDUCOpress Edition. ISBN 978-80-7408-210-8.
- KUPEC, Václav, Přemysl PÍSAŘ, Michal LUKÁČ a Gabriela PAJTINKOVÁ BARTÁKOVÁ. Conceptual Comparison of Internal Audit and Internal Control in the Marketing Environment. Sustainability. Basel: MDPI, 2021, roč. 13, č. 12, s. 1-18. ISSN 2071-1050.
- MURDOCK, Hernan. Auditor essentials: 100 concepts, tools, and techniques for success. Boca Raton: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2019. 472 p. ISBN 978-1-138-03691-8.
- MULLEROVÁ, Libuše, Vladimír KRÁLÍČEK a kol. Auditing. vyd. 2. Praha: Oeconomia, 2020. 387 s. ISBN 978-80-245-2233-3
- recommended literature
- KUPEC, Václav. Digital Possibilities of Internal Audit. Acta VŠFS, Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní, a. s., 2017, roč. 11, č. 1, s. 28-44. ISSN 1802-792X.
- KUPEC, Václav. Risk Audit of Marketing Communication. European Research Studies Journal, Piraeus: University of Piraeus, International Strategic Management Association, 2018, XXI, č. 1, s. 125-132. ISSN 1108-2976.
- LINDAUER, Roman. Modern risk management remarks. Prague: Oeconomica, 2017. ISBN 978-80-245-2206-7.
- PÍSAŘ, Přemysl a Václav KUPEC. Innovative Controlling and Audit – Opportunities for SMEs. Problems and Perspectives in Management, Sumy: Business Perspectives, 2019, roč. 17, č. 3, s. 184-195. ISSN 1727-7051.
- MULLEROVÁ, Libuše, Vladimír KRÁLÍČEK. Auditing pro manažery aneb jak porozumět ověřování účetní závěrky statutárním auditorem. 4. vydání. Praha: Wolters Kluwer. 2020
- not specified
- Auditor. Praha: KAČR. ISSN 1210-9096.
- Interní auditor. Praha: ČIIA, ISSN 1213-8274.
- Mezinárodní Standardy pro profesní praxi interního auditu, Praha: ČIIA, 2021. Bez ISBN.
- Mezinárodní standardy pro řízení kvality, audit, prověrky, ostatní ověřovací zakázky a související služby, Praha: KAČR, 2021. Bez ISBN.
- Teaching methods
- Teaching full-time study consists of lectures. In the combined studies students are taught in the form of managed group consultations. The teaching will be a complemented theory with practical examples which enable students make an idea of the role of audit in business management. The participation will require some degree of preparedness of students following the curriculum to allow informed debate on the topics discussed. The minimum mandatory attendance is for the full-time students 75% and for the part-time students 50%. Students who fail to meet the mandatory scope of participation may be given additional study obligations that would demonstrate knowledge of the issues and the acquisition of competencies necessary for successful completion of a course.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed by receiving credit (the mandatory attendance is 75% for the full-time students and 50% for the part-time students) and by an examination (Multiple Choice). To pass the test you need 60% of correct answers. Participation at the examination will require a student ID and Business Casual Dress Code.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 16 hodin KS/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/winter2023/B_Aud