VSFS:B_MOV International Busin. Relations - Course Information
B_MOV International Business RelationsUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Miroslav Halouzka, CSc.
Department of Economics and Management - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Dita Egertová
- There are no special prerequisites for this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- After completing the course the student is well versed in the practice of international trade, including current trends in global markets, which can not be in today's globalized world avoided. Students will clarify key concepts and clarify the current structure and organization of Czech foreign trade, will pay attention to the information on the practical implementation of international business. The student can define risks specific to the implementation of foreign operations at the enterprise level. Students will understand the current issues of European integration, and the overall problems of the world economy in connection with the ongoing globalization. Students will study, in currently the strongest integration groupings (such as ASEAN, NAFTA, EU, etc.) and their impact on international trade, and the position of the Czech Republic in the world economy. Students will be able to see potential competitive advantages of the Czech Republic (and Europe) and its companies in the future, in the context of developments in emerging territories (emerging) markets such as Asia, the BRIC countries, etc.The course is taught by leading experts from practice with excellent experience in foreign trade and international relations
- Learning outcomes
- The international business is experiencing a sharp development which is influenced influenced by the processes of internationalization and globalization of the world economy, the employment of the modern technologies and internet. These processes provide new business opportunities not only to SME´s; at the same time the world competition is strenghting. Either directly or indirectly most of the firms are involved in the international business relations. The objective of this introductory course to give students basic insights of this study field, its methods and practical employment of the international business operations.
- 1. Basic concepts, area of interest, history and development of the international business, structure of the international business in the Czech Republic. 2. International business activities in the practice. 3. Influence of globalization on the international business and the position of the Czech economy within the global business. 4. World and European integration, problems of world economy, examples of integration: EU, ASEAN, NAFTA, MERCOSUR. 5. Czech and European comparative advantage in the context of the emerging economies. 6. Entering foreign markets. 7. Imports and expors of goods and services 8. Terms of payment. 9. Loaning and its risks, means of financing of IB. 10. International logistics. 11. Risks in IB, commercial barriers. 12. Special business operations.
- required literature
- HAVLÍČEK, Karel a Pavla BŘEČKOVÁ, a kol. Řízení exportních rizik malé a střední firmy. 1. vyd. Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní. Edice EUPRESS. 2015. 52 s. ISBN 978-80-7428-113-2.
- recommended literature
- Alexej Sato a kolektiv. Mezinárodní obchodní operace. EKOPRESS. 2023. ISBN 978-80-245-2416-0
- not specified
- Machková Hana, Černohlávková Eva. M\ezinárodní obchodní operace. 6. vydání. Grada 2016 ISBN 978-80-247-4874-0
- Teaching methods
- Classes will be held on the basis of interactive lectures in which theory will be supplemented and explained on concrete practical examples with an impact on international trade relations and events with an influence onto corporate environment.
- Assessment methods
- The course International Business Relations is finished in form of the written test (requirement min. 60% correct answers).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin KS/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/summer2024/B_MOV