VSFS:B_RM_B Retail Management B - Course Information
B_RM_B Retail Management BUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Vladimír Mikel (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Patricia Jakešová
Department of Economics and Management - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Dita Egertová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- B_RM_B/poEKKV: each even Monday 14:00–14:44 KV206, each even Monday 14:45–15:30 KV206, each even Monday 15:45–16:29 KV206, each even Monday 16:30–17:15 KV206, V. Mikel
B_RM_B/pxEKPH: each even Monday 14:00–14:44 E230, each even Monday 14:45–15:30 E230, each even Monday 15:45–16:29 E230, each even Monday 16:30–17:15 E230, V. Mikel
B_RM_B/vEKPH: Fri 13. 10. 17:30–19:00 E227, 19:15–20:45 E227, Fri 24. 11. 17:30–19:00 E228, 19:15–20:45 E228, Fri 15. 12. 17:30–19:00 E228, 19:15–20:45 E228, V. Mikel
- There are no prequisitions for this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to build basic knowledge about retail management, retail development in the Czech Republic, current status and possible development. It will be important to understand the position and importance of the retail and wholesale business within the economy, the related business environment and the possibilities of applying in this field. Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to apply well in the retail sphere of middle and senior management positions, in Czech and foreign companies, in large and medium-sized retail companies. The student gains a more specialized view of the subsequent study of business management and at the same time, the principles of enhancing trade efficiency and understanding of how it works within the international context.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able after finishing this subject to - define the concept of retail, retail environment in the Czech Republic - explain the issue of human resource management in retail - interpret basic indicators on consumer behavior - analyze sales data, market share - will know the issue and the Category Management process - will control the current terminology on business formats and omnichannel - understand the principles of fair business in retail - understand the purpose of Trends and Principles of Trade 4.0 - acquire basic legal legislation defining the functioning of retail companies and consumer protection legislation - understand the terms of e-commerce, franchise, traditional business - will be able to define the basic elements of merchandising and its application - understand the role of small and middle size retailer at the market
- 1. Retail management, structure of retail company 2. Retail environment, typology of retail, shopping habits, consumer behavior 3. Wholesale, franchising, traditional market and direct sale 4. E-commerce, Omni channel , Family retail business 5. Organizational and management or retail company, Store management 6. Specifics of human resources management in retail 7. Flow of goods management, Logistic systems 8. Category management and Merchandising 9. Law and qualitative legislation for retail, Role of finance in retail 10. Technology in retail, Influence of Trade and service 4.0, Innovation in retail 11. Retail marketing and Private Label 12. CSR in retail, PR and social networks
- required literature
- CIMLER, Petr a Dana ZADRAŽILOVÁ. Retail management. Praha: Management Press, 2007, 307 s. ISBN 978-80-7261-167-6.
- JAKEŠOVÁ, Patricia. Retail management. Praha: VŠFS, a.s., 2018 (v přípravě)
- ENNIS, Sean. Retail marketing. Columbus OH: McGraw-Hill Education, 2015, 418 s. ISBN 978-00771576-5-4
- POSTLER, Milan; BÁRTA, Vladmír. Retail marketing. Praha: Press21, 2020, 150 s. ISBN 978-80-907529-1-7.
- recommended literature
- HESKOVÁ, Marie. Category management. Praha: Profess Consulting. 2006, 184 s. ISBN 80-7259-049-9.
- DE JONG, Koen A.M.. Managing Private Label., IPLC BV, 2015, 206 s. ISBN 978-9811550-0-7.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures will usually include a lecture (theory, new knowledge including practical examples) and a practical part (case study, example of a customer's decision tree, building a communication plan for social networks). Part of the lecture can be a discussion on a given topic, group work, etc. It will include homework assignments in the field of comparison of the shopping atmosphere of selected store chains, identification of communication and merchandising of the selected category for follow-up, web site research of selected chains from the perspective of CSR communication and identification Innovations for the next lesson. Emphasis will be focused on accurate thinking based on proven qualitative and quantitative data, on the ability to work with information, with trend information and presentation systems.
- Assessment methods
- The subject is finished with a CREDIT. Daily attendance: Assignment of credit is subject to the obligation of active attendance min. 75% for lectures (i.e. not only attendance, but active participation in teaching, discussion, interaction, and argumentation), fulfillment of homework tasks and processing test or exam. Combined form: Assignment of the credit is bound to fulfill the obligation of active attendance in min. 3 out of 4 managed consultations (but not just attendance, but active participation in learning, discussion, interaction, argumentation). In case of on-line prezentation the participation in both forms is covering the same percentage as accepted. To get credit student must make test and process credti work.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin KS/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/winter2023/B_RM_B