VSFS:N_PPFP Forensic Psychology - Course Information
N_PPFP Forensic Psychology Practical ExamplesUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Jiří Švarc, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Veronika Anna Polišenská, Ph.D., MSc
Department of Criminology and Forensic Sciences - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Franců
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- N_PPFP/pBSPH: each odd Thursday 15:45–16:29 S11, each odd Thursday 16:30–17:15 S11, each odd Thursday 17:30–18:14 S11, each odd Thursday 18:15–19:00 S11, J. Švarc
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to introduce current topics of forensic psychology using practical examples and casuistics.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the students will be able to: - identify and define current issues of forensic psychology - identify the overlap of forensic psychology into the practice of other forensic-related fields - realize the ethical aspecs of forensic psychology
- 1. Assessment of offenders and evaluation of risks 2. (Criminal) responsibility and behaviour 3. Legislature and forensic psychology 4. Treatment of offenders in prisons or after incarceration 5. Repeated interrogations and its influence on testimony 6. Prevention of seuxal offending 7. The age of legal responsibility vs. developmental psychology 8. Ethical aspects of forensic practice 9. Mental disorders and personality disorders in criminal population 10. Mental health and prevention of burnout of professionals working in forensic-related fields 11. Legal reports and associated problems 12. Factors influencing the beginning of criminal career
- recommended literature
- články z časopisů Československá psychologie, Česká a slovenská psychiatrie, Policista, Vezeňství
- Teaching methods
- lectures, pracical exercises
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 6 hodin KS/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (Summer 2023, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/summer2023/N_PPFP