VSFS:N_PPr_1B Labour Law 1 B - Course Information
N_PPr_1B Labour Law 1 BUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Margerita Vysokajová, CSc.
Department of Law - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Franců
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- This subject has the main aim to aquaint the students with the legislation in the field of employment relationship between employer and employee, their rights and duties, with commencement of employment relationship, with the content of employment contract as well as some public rules affecting the performance of duties on both sides. European legislation will be also mentioned (e.g. issues relating to discrimination or working conditions). Students will also learn how to solve the typical employment relationship causes.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be familiar: - with valid legal regulation of institues of individual labour law in the Czech Republic; - with the content of the EU directives which have been implemented in the Czech legislation; - with the course of solving individual labour disputes including current case law.
- 1.Labour law and its position in the Czech law system and its legal origins 2. Employmenbt relationship and its categories 3. Commencement of employment relationship 4. Variation of employment contract 5. Termination of employment relationship 6. Working hours and leisure time 7. Wages and salary 8. Impendiments to work 9. Compensation for damage 10.Agreement on work performed outside employment law relationship 11. Collective bargaining 12.Control in the labour law relations
- required literature
- VYSOKAJOVÁ, Margerita. Pracovní právo (Labour law). první. Praha: VŠFS, 2018. 110 pp. ISBN 978-80-7408-158-3. info
- BĚLINA,, Miroslav and Jan PICHRT. Pracovní právo. Praha: C.H.Beck, 2017. info
- recommended literature
- KOCOUREK, Jiří and Tomáš DOBŘICHOVSKÝ. Pracovní právo pro praxi. In Právní praxe. Vydání první. 313 stran. Právní praxe. ISBN 978-80-7400-616-6. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures with powerpoint presentation, solving practical examples
- Assessment methods
- Check up questions, essay on special topic, written test (15 questions - 12 correct answers needed to pass). Students have to pass oral exam. It is necessary to answer 2 questions (1 from general part of labour law + 1 from specjal part) from file 30.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin KS/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/winter2021/N_PPr_1B