VSFS:B_AS_1 Application Software 1 - Course Information
B_AS_1 Application Software 1University of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Guaranteed by
- PaedDr. Renata Majovská, PhD.
Department of Computer Science and Mathematics - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Ivana Plačková
- There are no prerequisites for this course. Students should have basic skills in MS Word and MS Excel and basic user-level skills in working with a PC, MS Window and local computer network.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is to enhance students’ knowledge in the basic user applications under the MS Office, in MS Word and MS Excel.
After absolving the course students will be able to use these applications on advanced user level.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, a student will be able to:
- orientate in the working environment of MS Office,
- manage basic techniques of work, direct formatting, formatting of text and paragraphs, bullets and numbering in MS Word,
- work with styles, use and modify styles, create new custom styles, automatic heading numbers, automatic table of contents in MS Word,
- number objects (pictures, tables), create the list of objects, cross references, index in MS Word,
- work with text, logical and search functions in MS Excel,
- work with database lists, use filters,
- draw advanced graphs, analyze trend curves, correlations.
- 1. MS Word - Work with document styles, automatic generation of content, lists.
- 2. MS Word - Footnotes, hypertext links, headers and footers, cross-references, inserting pictures and tables, text fields, spell check (even in a foreign language).
- 3. MS Word - Work with a template, mass correspondence.
- 4. MS Word - Document revision, teamwork with a Word document.
- 5. MS Excel - Text functions, Logical functions.
- 6. MS Excel - Search function.
- 7.MS Excel - Working with database lists.
- 8. MS Excel - Advanced filter settings.
- 9. MS Excel - Data verification, data accuracy checks.
- 10. MS Excwe -Summaries, contingency tables.
- 11. MS Excel - Advanced work with graphs, scatter plots.
- 12. MS Excel - Trend curves, correlations and extrapolations in graphs.
- required literature
- NOVÁKOVÁ, Anna and Vladimír NULÍČEK. Aplikační software I (MS Office 2010). 1. vydání. Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní, o.p.s., 2011. EUPRESS. ISBN 978-80-7408-052-4. info
- HOFFMANNOVÁ, Hana. Sbírka řešených příkladů pro Aplikační software I. Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní, o.p.s., 2012. EUPRESS.
- Foulkes, L. Learn Microsoft Office 2021. Packt Publishing, 2021. ISBN 978-1803239736.
- recommended literature
- Náhradní obsah: Alexander, M., Kusleika, D. Microsoft Excel 365 Bible. Wiley, 2022. ISBN 978-1119835103.
- not specified
- Master, Harrison. Excel 2022. Independently published, 2022, ISBN-13 979-8442488708.
- Teaching methods
- Seminars in full-time study, tutorials in part-time study, compulsory seminar participation is 75 % in full-time study, compulsory tutorial participation is 50 % in part-time study.
Students with ISP have the same duties. Compulsory attendance is not required.The teacher verifies the authenticity of the submitted tasks.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed with a credit.
Full-time study: Credit awarded after submission of all assignments processed in seminars, in case of absence or online teaching, missing assignments will be processed at home.
Part-time study: Credit awarded after submission of all assignments processed in seminars, in case of absence or online teaching, missing assignments will be processed at home.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin KS/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/winter2023/B_AS_1