VSFS:B_AMPr Copyright and Media Law - Course Information
B_AMPr Copyright and Media LawUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Jan Barták (seminar tutor)
JUDr. Jiří Matzner, Ph.D., LL.M. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- JUDr. Mgr. Rudolf Leška, Ph.D., LL.M.
Department of Law - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Franců
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- B_AMPr/poMMO: each odd Thursday 14:00–14:44 M14, each odd Thursday 14:45–15:30 M14, each odd Thursday 15:45–16:29 M14, each odd Thursday 16:30–17:15 M14, except Thu 16. 2., except Thu 2. 3. ; and Fri 17. 2. 8:45–10:15 M14, 10:30–12:00 M14, Fri 3. 3. 8:45–10:15 M14, 10:30–12:00 M14, J. Barták
B_AMPr/pxMPH: each odd Thursday 14:00–14:44 E230, each odd Thursday 14:45–15:30 E230, each odd Thursday 15:45–16:29 E230, each odd Thursday 16:30–17:15 E230, except Thu 16. 2., except Thu 2. 3. ; and Fri 17. 2. 8:45–10:15 E230, 10:30–12:00 E230, Fri 3. 3. 8:45–10:15 E230, 10:30–12:00 E230, J. Barták
B_AMPr/vMPH: Fri 3. 2. 17:30–19:00 E228, 19:15–20:45 E228, Fri 17. 2. 17:30–19:00 E401, 19:15–20:45 E401, Sat 4. 3. 14:00–15:30 E401, 15:45–17:15 E401, J. Matzner
- The requirement for the completion of this class is the completion of the course B_ZPr.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Students will understand the basics of the law of copyright (author's rights and related rights), elementary theoretical underpinnings (including the interplay with other IP rights and the unfair competition), the content and subject of the copyright, the notion of the author, as well as the copyright contract law, exceptions and limitations and problem of copyright infringement. In the media law, the discussion will encompass the TV and radio regulation, press law and the new media. Focus on the freedom of expression (freedom of press), publicity and privacy and regulation of advertising. The student shall be able to spot and evaluate basic legal issues and interpret basic legal texts.
- Learning outcomes
- Learning outcomes of the course unit are the student's knowledge acquired at the exam.
- 1. The notion of copyright and related rights, IP law, unfair competition and their interplay
- 2. The work and other protected subject matter, the author
- 3. Content of copyright. Moral rights and economic rights of the author.
- 4. Disposing with rights (licence, work created in the course of employment), exceptions and limitations to copyright
- 5. Enforcement of copyright
- 6. Collective Management of rights.
- 7. Publicity and privacy in the media
- 8. Regulation of TV and radio
- 9. Press law and book law
- 10. New media, audiovisual services on demand
- 11. Advertising law
- 12. Commercial communications and data protection
- required literature
- LEŠKA, Rudolf and Eva ONDŘEJOVÁ. ZÁKLADY MARKETINGOVÉHO PRÁVA A PRÁVA DUŠEVNÍHO VLASTNICTVÍ - FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKETING LAW AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW. 1st ed. Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní, 2018. 138 pp. EDUCOpress. ISBN 978-80-7408-173-6. URL info
- recommended literature
- SRSTKA, Jiří a kol. Autorské právo a práva související. Praha: Leges, 2017. Student (Leges). ISBN 978-80-7502-240-0.
- Kroupa, Šimáčková, Molek et al, Mediální právo, Brno: MUNI, 2009. ISBN 978-80-210-4884-3.
- MORAVEC, Ondřej. Mediální právo v informační společnosti. Praha: Leges, 2013. Student (Leges). ISBN 978-80-87576-52-6.
- Diblík, J., Veit, F. Mediální právo a práva k nehmotným statkům v České republice = Media law and intellectual property law in the Czech Republic. Praha: Linde, 2012. ISBN 978-80-7201-863-5
- Teaching methods
- Lecture with facultative attendance. Nevertheless, focus of the exam is on the issues discussed in classes.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed with written exam. The written exam consists of 10 multiple choice test questions with 0-4 correct answers. A written paper is required in case of non-attendance in seminars in the required number of classes.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin KS/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (Summer 2023, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/summer2023/B_AMPr