VSFS:B_SSM Systems and systems thinking - Course Information
B_SSM Systems and systems thinkingUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Stanislava Mildeová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Stanislava Mildeová, CSc.
Department of Computer Science and Mathematics - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Ivana Plačková
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- B_SSM/cAPH: Thu 15:45–16:29 S16PC, Thu 16:30–17:15 S16PC, except Thu 12. 11., except Thu 19. 11. ; and Thu 12. 11. 15:45–17:15 E227, Thu 19. 11. 15:45–17:15 E224, S. Mildeová
B_SSM/pAPH: Thu 14:00–14:44 S13, Thu 14:45–15:30 S13, except Thu 12. 11., except Thu 19. 11. ; and Thu 12. 11. 14:00–15:30 E227, Thu 19. 11. 14:00–15:30 E224, S. Mildeová
B_SSM/vAPH: Fri 2. 10. 14:00–15:30 S16PC, 15:45–17:15 S16PC, Sat 17. 10. 14:00–15:30 S16PC, Sat 31. 10. 9:45–11:15 S16PC, 11:30–13:00 S16PC, S. Mildeová
- The course has no specific entry requirements.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to become acquainted with the concepts of modern systems theory; to teach students the skills of systems thinking for the right solutions of problems related to applied informatics. Active mastering of the course content is realized through a case study of the design of the systems model using specialized software.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon successful completion, students will be able: • to apply a systems approach to solving problems related to applied informatics, • to create own systems models in a specialized software InsightMaker, • to manage systems thinking skills and tools.
- 1.Systems theory, Kybernetics 2.System, formalized system definition, categorization of systems 3.Information system as a special case of the system 4.Concept of structural and functional system, system separability 5.Principles of systems thinking,systems archetypes 6.Systems thinking in information management and systems integration 7.Model, model types 8.Systems model and systems design 9.Mathematical model, discrete and continuous modeling 10.Design and implementation of a computer model 11.Experiment, verification and validation 12.Project of model creation in software InsightMaker
- required literature
- KREJČÍ, Igor a Roman KVASNIČKA. Systémová dynamika I. V Praze: Česká zemědělská univerzita, Provozně ekonomická fakulta, 2014. ISBN 978-80-213-2478-7.
- BUREŠ, Vladimír: Systémové myšlení pro manažery. Praha: Professional Publishing. 2010. ISBN 264978-80-7431-037-9.
- recommended literature
- Náhradní obsah: INSIGHTMAKER. TUTORIALS. 2020. https://insightmaker.com/tutorials
- POUR, Jan, Miloš MARYŠKA, Iva STANOVSKÁ a Zuzana ŠEDIVÁ. Self service business intelligence: jak si vytvořit vlastní analytické, plánovací a reportingové aplikace. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2018. Management v informační společnosti. ISBN 978-80-271-0616-5
- Teaching methods
- The course combines traditional methods of academic teaching and innovative methods of creative and experiential learning: 1. Classic teaching methods lecture, training 2. Activating methods discussion, heuristic methods, methods of situational and staging, educational games 3. Comprehensive methods group and cooperative learning, individualized instruction, critical and systems thinking, brainstorming, project teaching in teams, teaching computer-assisted, simulation modeling and experimentation
- Assessment methods
- Lectures in full-time study. Managed consultations and tutorials in part-time study. Minimal required participation is 75% in full-time study and 50% on tutorials in part-time study. Course completion: Credit and exam. Credit will be given for correctly solved the case study. Exam is evaluated by the number of points - ie the sum of points for semester work and its presentation and written test. In the written test the student succeeds in achieving at least 60 points out of 100 possible. Scoring: 90-100 points A 80-89 points B 70-79 points C 60-69 points D 50-59 points E 0-49 points F
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 10 hodin KS/semestr.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/winter2020/B_SSM