Tips on Examinations Based on Scannable Answer Sheets
- 1.What information does this page contain?Pozor
This is not a full Help for the agenda Print the assignment of papers, in case of difficulties contact
- 2.Preparation for the test
- Create a set of questions and answering machine in the IS, compile the assignment, test whether you prefer to print the assignment from the browser or directly to the printer (via the TeX typesetting system).
- In particular, verify how any non-standard characters and marks you enter are printed.
- For now, image entries can only be printed from a browser.
- You can send students a bulk email with advice to look at the Student Help so that they can understand how to enter the učo and assignment number in the form.
- Check with your faculty's LVT to see if you will be scanning on your own (how and where) or by a service technician.
- Print a sufficient number of replacement answer sheets.
- Answer sheets can also be copied on a quality copier.
- 3.During the test
- Presence can be checked according to the list of registered for the exam date from IS and according to ISIC. During the paper, the supervisor according to ISIC can freely place on the bench to check whether the student has filled in the corresponding name on ISIC in the učo answer sheet.
- On the board, explain how to write the numbers and the numbers in the answer sheet (see Help for students).
- It is not possible to cut on the sheet, only to gently rub it.
- Encourage students to prepare answers for assignments first. Before the end of the paper, ask them to transcribe it in the answer sheet. If the student makes a mistake in the worksheet and the correction section is not available, tear the worksheet and give him a new one, where he will overwrite the data.
- Encourage students to tick the answers in bold. Some students may try to cheat by ticking the answers they are unsure very thinly, which the recognition program may think of as an unanswered answer. The student then waits and if the answer was correct, he demands a manual correction of the result. Therefore, we recommend that teachers ignore complaints about non-standard checked answers and leave the decision to the recognition program.
- For handwritten papers that will be scanned (ie answers are written on the answer form), remind students that they should not write on the edge of the paper and that only the answers on the front of the paper are scanned. The reverse side is not scanned and the student does not see it in the IS.
- Before submitting, ask students to check that they have not forgotten to fill in the apprenticeship and assignment number.
- You can and do not have to keep the assignment for students, it can be published for them until the end of the examination period by publishing a tour of the ROPOT in IS (does not apply to handwritten papers, here you can post the assignment as a separate file, eg in teaching materials).
- Announce the date when they will see stamps, scanned sheets, or assignment – you will save questions.
- 4.After the test
- Scan the answer sheets alone or with LVT support, if some are not recognized, correct manually. The result of the operation is the connection of the answers to the ROPOT and the storage of the obtained numbers of points in the notebook.
- Grades can be advantageously awarded in bulk using a notebook operation "rate by points".
- Publish the scanned answer sheets to the students, someone can complain about the recognition of the paper, solve it manually.
- Recognition software is further improved; if you record a case of defective recognition, send to the address of the IS učo student's administrators, the subject code, or another identification of the paper.
- The scanned answer sheets are placed for students in the reception offices, where they can view them. Disclosure is not dependent on the publication of notebooks. Even if the assigned block is inaccessible but the papers have already been scanned, students will see the sheets in their reception room.
- Students have information on where to find the scanned sheets in the Help.
- Viewing the assignment (incl. Marking the correct answers or without this marking) can be enabled in the ROPOT description.
- The teacher can view the input of handwritten scannable sheets after their evaluation using the application:
The Information system Teacher [chosen course] Work with ROPOT Browse answer sheets
Provided you have failed to find the information you were searching for, you can contact us at