VSFS:B_AUS UNIX and Network Administratio - Course Information
B_AUS UNIX and Network AdministrationUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Renata Janošcová, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Science and Mathematics - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Ivana Plačková
- B_UNX Introduction to Unix
The requirement for the completion of this course is completion of the course B_UNX.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The goal is that at the end of the course students understand issue UNIX systems administration and basic configuration of computer networks. Get an overview and practice to perform routine administration tasks.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course students will:
- understand the issue of UNIX-like systems management
- able to implement the basic settings of computer networks
- have a general overview and practice in performing routine administrative tasks
- 1. Basics and OS administration, repetition
- 2. Disks and file systems, RAID, backup
- 3. User Management
- 4. Kernel, system startup, normal service
- 5. Logging, software installation, updates
- 6. Meshing - Basic Settings
- 7. Security services, firewall
- 8. Domain Name Service
- 9. E-mail
- 10.Web server
- 11.File server
- 12.Other services (NTP/printing (CUPS)/FTP/TFTP/SNMP, ...)
- required literature
- Linux Documentation Project. https://tldp.org/
- recommended literature
- NEMETH, E., SNYDER, G., HEIN, T.R., WHALEY, B., MACKIN, D. UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook, Fifth Edition. Addison-Wesley Professional, 2018. ISBN: 0-13-427755-4.
- PETERKA, J. Archiv článků a přednášek. http://www.earchiv.cz/i_aktual.php3#
- FORST, Libor. Shell v příkladech aneb ABY VÁŠ UNIX SKVĚLE SHELL. Praha: MatfyzPress, 2010. ISBN 978-80-7378-152-1.
- Dokumenty RFC: http://www.rfc-editor.org/
- not specified
- Český linuxový portál. http://www.linux.cz/
- Český linuxový portál. http://www.abclinuxu.cz/
- Český linuxový portál. http://www.root.cz/
- Slovenský linuxový portál. http://www.linuxos.sk/
- Teaching methods
- Teaching takes place in the form of exercises in a full-time form of study; concentration in the combined form of study;
The minimum mandatory participation in classes is set at 75% in exercises in the full-time form of study and at 50% in the training sessions in the combined form of study.
- Assessment methods
- The course ends with credit.
CREDIT: is awarded for presenting knowledge of 1 selected topic in the selected UNIX/LINUX OS distribution (topics will be listed in MS TEAMS). The presentation will be recorded in MS Teams (min. 10 minutes).
At the same time, the granting of credit is tied to the fulfillment of the obligation of active attendance (min. 75 % in full-time form and min. 50 % in combined form).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 6 hodin KS/semestr.
- Teacher's information
- Contact the teacher: email@example.com
CONSULTATION: in person according to the IS schedule on the teacher's personal page: https://is.vsfs.cz/auth/osoba/37037#
or online in MS Teams according to the listed dates: https://is.vsfs.cz/go/fc4rd8 ISP students: Contact the teacher at the very beginning of AR and agree on specific conditions. ISP students - credit is awarded for practical presentation of knowledge of 2 selected topics from the topics listed in MS Teams.
3 credits: 75 - 90 hours of study load.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/summer2023/B_AUS