VSFS:B_ES Expert Systems - Course Information
B_ES Expert SystemsUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Renata Janošcová, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Science and Mathematics - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Ivana Plačková
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Students will get familiar with basic principles of knowledge-based systems with main focus on rule-based expert systems of the first generation.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- assess application areas of expert systems,
- describe the architecture and functionality of expert systems,
- design applications of rule-based expert systems.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explain basic principles of expert systems
- explain knowledge reprezentation methods used in expert systems
- explain methods of inference used in expert systems
- assess the suitability of expert system application for a given area
- design and implement knowledge base for a given task
- 1. Introduction to AI, History and Applications of Expert Systems (ES)
- 2. Searching the state space
- 3. Introduction to ES, principles of ES, knowledge base (KB)
- 4. Representation of knowledge
- 5. Derivation (inference) of knowledge
- 6. Uncertainty in EC
- 7. EC life cycle
- 8. Knowledge engineering
- 9. Example of POI creation I., selection of own POI
- 10. Example of creation of BZ II., proposal of own BZ
- 11. Example of creation of BZ III., creation of own BZ
- 12. Debugging own BZ, creation of documentation
- required literature
- BERKA, Petr, Petr JIRKŮ and Jiřina VEJNAROVÁ. Expertní systémy (Expert systems). Praha: VŠE, 1998. skripta. ISBN 80-7079-873-4. info
- GÓRECKI, Jan, Expertní systémy. Distanční studijní text. Slezská univerzita v Opavě, OPF v Karviné : Karviná, 2017
- Russell, S. J. 1., Norvig, P., & Davis, E. (2010). Artificial intelligence: a modern approach. 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ, Prentice Hall.
- recommended literature
- Russell, S. J. 1., Norvig, P., Artificial intelligence: a modern approach. 4rd ed. Pearson Education © 2021. ISBN 978-0-13-461099-3. https://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/
- BERKA, Petr and J KELEMEN. On the Development of the Knowledge and Information Technology. In Knowledge in Context. Bratislava: Iura edition, 2010. ISBN 978-80-8078-339-6. info
- KELEMEN, J., Petr BERKA and ET AL. Pozvanie do znalostnej spoločnosti. Bratislava: Iura Edition – Wolters Kluwer, 2007. 265 pp. ISBN 978-80-8078-149-1. info
- not specified
- Akerkar, R., Sajja, P.: Knowledge-Based Systems.Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2009
- Teaching methods
- - lectures and seminars in full-time study,
- tutorials in part-time study,
Lectures and seminars in full-time study; tutorials in part-time study; compulsory seminar participation is 75% in full-time study, compulsory tutorial participation is 50% in part-time study
- Assessment methods
- The course ends with credit.
CREDIT is awarded for creating your own knowledge base with documentation. The entry is in the VŠFS IS: https://is.vsfs.cz/auth/el/vsfs/leto2024/B_ES/um/
At the same time, the granting of credit is tied to the fulfillment of the obligation of active attendance (min. 75% in the face-to-face form and min. 50% in the combined form).
ISP students - credit is also awarded for creating your own knowledge base with documentation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin KS/semestr.
- Teacher's information
The subject webpage (above) presents a LINK to the team (subject) in MS Teams (then select your teacher's channel).
Study materials (lectures, video recordings, ...) of the subject can be found in IS VŠFS: https://is.vsfs.cz/auth/el/vsfs/leto2024/B_ES/
CONTACTS for the teacher: guarantor Ing. Renata Janošcová, Ph.D - email@example.com.
CONSULTATION: information can be found on the personal pages of teachers in IS VŠFS (Teaching).
ISP and REPEATING students: Contact your teacher at the beginning of the semester (first - second week) and agree on the specific conditions of attendance and evaluation.
WE RECOMMEND submitting an application for inclusion in a timetabled (seminar) group to a specific teacheraccording to the instructions from the study department.
3 credits: 75 - 90 hours of study load.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/summer2024/B_ES