VSFS:B_DM Direct Marketing - Course Information
B_DM Direct MarketingUniversity of Finance and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Vilém Kunz, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Martina Švecová, MSc (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Martina Švecová, MSc
Department of Marketing Communication - Departments - University of Finance and Administration
Contact Person: Ivana Plačková
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- B_DM/cMMO: each even Thursday 14:00–14:44 M22, each even Thursday 14:45–15:30 M22, V. Kunz
B_DM/cMPH: each even Wednesday 14:00–14:44 E307, each even Wednesday 14:45–15:30 E307, V. Kunz
B_DM/poMMO: each odd Tuesday 8:45–9:29 M27, each odd Tuesday 9:30–10:15 M27, each odd Tuesday 10:30–11:14 M27, each odd Tuesday 11:15–12:00 M27, M. Švecová
B_DM/pxMPH: each odd Tuesday 8:45–9:29 E230, each odd Tuesday 9:30–10:15 E230, each odd Tuesday 10:30–11:14 E230, each odd Tuesday 11:15–12:00 E230, M. Švecová
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Gain basic knowledge to understand modern Direct Marketing. Understand how DM works in the context of IMC and its application for companies with CRM concepts. DM will be described as a combination of specific knowledge, strategic planning and creative thinking. At the end of the course, students will be able to understand the meaning of modern DM, know how to plan a campaign: schedule, budget, identify the right target groups for DM, use a DM database and measure the success of campaigns. The practical sessions will involve creating the different parts of a campaign: from formulating letters and follow up emails, to planning a direct call scenario, to planning the budget and schedule of a campaign.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will gain theoretical knowledge in areas related to the effective use of Direkt Marketing techniques and tools. They will experience the practical creation of DM materials and gain practical experience for employment as marketing specialists for Direct Marketing.
- 1/ Development of marketing since 50s of 20th century in the context of DM 2/ DM tools and goals 3/ The role of DM in IMC 4/ Identifying target groups in the context of DM 5/ DM in context of the Customer relationship management 6/ Creation of DM campaign 7/ Marketing Database and GDPR 8/ Measuring of success of DM campaign 9/ Social and ethical issues of DM 10/Direct Marketing legislative and organizations
- required literature
- ŠVECOVÁ, Martina. Direct marketing S rozšířeným vydáním Podpora prodeje a Struktura marketingových komunikací. Praha: VŠFS, 2020. EDUCOpress. ISBN 978-80-7408-208-5. info
- DAN S., Kennedy. Magnetic Marketing: How to attract a flood of new customers that pay, stay and refer. USA: Forbes Books, 2018. ISBN 978-1-946633-74-3.
- recommended literature
- Chlebovský, V. Management zákaznických řešení - Jak efektivně tvořit a spravovat individualizovaná řešení zákaznických potřeb. Grada, 2017. ISBN: 978-80-271-0559-5
- MCDONALD, Malcolm a Hugh WILSON. Marketing Plans: How to prepare them, how to profit from them. 8th edition. West Sussex, printed USA: Wiley, 2016. ISBN 9781119217138
- SANTLEROVÁ, Květoslava. Telemarketing v praxi: jak profesionálně telefonovat se zákazníky. 2., aktualiz. a rozš. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2011. ISBN 978-802-4739-281.
- JUSKA, Jerome M. Integrated Marketing Communication: Advertising and Promotion in a Digital World. New York: Routledge, 2018. ISBN 978-1-315-52681-2
- Teaching methods
- Interactive lectures, practical discussions on campaigns, individual preparation of campaigns, practical training in creating DM communications
- Assessment methods
- Assessment methods: credit and examination (z/ZK, 5 kr.). The student receives credit for active participation in the preparation and presentation of the group project. The project is a proposal for a DM campaign plan with a sales mailing, including mandatory attachments. Each group has a maximum of 2 members. Further information about the project is posted in the DM course materials. Successful submission of the group project, 75% attendance and activity in the exercises is a prerequisite for credit. The student will receive a grade for the project and the test. Both outcomes are worth a total of 50 points. The sum then gives the final grade according to the assessment structure available in the IS course manual. An ISP student, or a student who has not attended at least 75% of the class, writes the DM project independently.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin KS/semestr.
- Teacher's information
- All study materials based on recommended literature will be available as the Students learning package or in the the folder Study materials and interactive syllabi.
- Enrolment Statistics (Summer 2023, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.vsfs.cz/course/vsfs/summer2023/B_DM